AO Mirror (Adaptive Optics) Failure Analysis:
- Improper cleaning (may have residue)
- Poor quality cleaning supplies like lens cleaner, lens cleaning tissue paper etc
- Too aggressive cleaning (scratches also)
- Poor quality lens
Beam Alignment Failure
- Beam not parallel through one or more axis, Struck the lens holder
- Beam mark not centred (or) Improper mounting of optics.
- Improper mirror alignment
- Black discoloration proceeding towards centre may indicate a water leakage from the mirror mount, evaporating coolant in beam path or moisture in beam purge.
- Improper cleaning materials like lens cleaning tissue paper, Acetone, Ethanol will damage the coating of the mirrors and reduces the life time gradually.
- Man-handling the vacuum chamber parts like discharge tubes, mirrors will damage the parts.
- Not carrying recommended periodic maintenance like cleaning of internal mirrors once in every 3000 to 4000 Hours will leave residue in mirrors and damage the surface coating.
Distorted mode can generate a massive energy to be concentrated into a small spot on the mirrors, leading to a mirror explosion. In most cases, incorrect beam mode occurs because of mirror misalignment or failure in the beam delivery cooling system.
Damaged AO mirror
Through years of analysis we found solutions overcome the failures of optics. Our unique and effective reconditioning or refurbishment method restores the optics property. Our ULTRA CLEAN method makes sure your AO mirror works like new. Thus we are able to save 75% to 85% of your optics maintenance cost. Refurbished optics used by customers all around INDIA.